Endodontics in Austin & Pflugerville, TX – Everything You Need to Know
It is important to note that while all endodontists are dentists, less than three percent of dentists or endodontists. The term endodontist denotes a specialization of a form of dentistry. There are additional training focuses mostly on tooth pain and performing root canal treatments and other procedures that all relate to the integrity of the tooth structure. An endodontistsí most important job is to save a diseased tooth and keep it from being a patientís loss.
Endodontics vs. General Dentistry
There are a number of differences between endodontics and general dentistry. Some of these differences include:
- Advanced dental education.
- Specialized expertise in focusing exclusively on treatments of the dental pulp.
- Endodontists are experts in pain management. They use specialized techniques to make sure their parents are always comfortable during their treatments.
- Endodontists are experts in administering numbing medications in order to treat you comfortably and safely.
- Utilization of cutting-edge technologies. Endodontists always have materials and equipment that are designed to make your treatment more comfortable and much more successful.
Many patients fret at the idea and possibility of a root canal, but at†Peak Dental†in The Greater Austin Area, we want all of our patients to remember the above information to know that our top priority is to manage pain, and to save your teeth.
Make an Appointment Today
If you are currently experiencing tooth pain and are worried about the safety of your tooth, be sure to give our The Greater Austin Area, office an email to finally receive a solution to a problem that may have been plaguing you for some time now. We would love the chance to get to treat you and show you why endodontics is much less scary than many believe.
Experience a different level of care.
We can’t wait to meet you!