Our experienced orthodontists team at Peak Dental in Austin, Texas are excited to offer a wide range of cosmetic and restorative services that help to transform smiles. Many people in need of an orthodontic treatment are nervous regarding the idea of a bulky and noticeable wire braces that leave patients in pain. However, Invisalign treatment allows for a discreet and comfortable treatment. If you are contemplating beginning your Invisalign treatment, then continue reading on to learn of tips for getting the most out of your treatment!
- Floss each day. The clear aligners will hold on to any debris left over in your smile. Thoroughly clean your teeth in order to avoid tooth decay and other issues.
- Wear your aligners for at least 22 hours a day. Invisalign works by applying constant pressure to your teeth. Therefore, you must wear them for the allotted time each day.
- Change your aligners on time. Follow your orthodontists instructions carefully in order to achieve an efficient treatment.
- Allow yourself time to adjust. When you first get your new Invisalign aligners, you may have difficulty with your speech and feeling comfortable. Give yourself time to adjust properly
- Take care of your aligners. Clean out your trays with warm water and an antibacterial soap. Avoid using abrasive toothpastes that will scratch the surface of the aligner.
- Keep your mouth clean. Many Invisalign users carry a small toothbrush with them in order to clean their teeth after meals and snacks.
- Use a whitening toothpaste. The remaining whitening substance will be held on to the teeth with the help of the aligners. It is best to wait to use professional whitening treatments only after your Invisalign treatment is fully complete.
- Use your retainer as directed. Your orthodontist will go over specific instructions on how to wear their retainer after their treatment is complete. Ignoring these can cause your teeth to shift back into their original positions.
If you are interested in learning more about Invisalign for your smile, then contact our Peak Dental clinic in Austin, Texas for more information.
Experience a different level of care.
We can’t wait to meet you!